Meet. Dr. Shaziya Gandhi is a qualified Unani Physician, Hijama Therapist and Dietician. With 6 plus years of professional experience. She is currently working as the Director of Unani Therapy Department at Sahaj Aarogyam. Her strong communication, counseling, management, and interpersonal skills has gained her a unique place in the field of Alternative Medicine.
Dr. Gandhi did her BUMS (Bachelor Of Unani Medicine And Surgery) from AFUMC, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya Indore, Madhya Pradesh in 2009. After completing her degree, she started working as a Dietician in VLCC Punjabi Bagh, Delhi. In the subsequent year, she did PG Diploma in Dietetics, Health and Nutrition from 2010 VLCC, Delhi where she secured 83.2% and was declared the topper of her batch.
She joined Medinova - The Bone & Joint Rehabilitation Centre, Indore in 2010 as a Dietician and Sujok therapist where she was promoted to department head within five months of her employment. With an ambition to advance her professional growth, Dr. Gandhi decided to pursue MBA in Hospital Administration and successfully completed the same in 2013 from IMS, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore.
During her management course, she did the following projects:
● 2012: “Management Of Dietetics Dept. With Special Reference To Administration Of Therapeutic Diet” from Choithram Hospital, Indore.
● 2013: “Efficacy of Herbalife products on weight management” at Herbalife Nutrition clubs, Indore.
Her educational endeavors bore fruit and she soon started working as the PRM (Patient Relation Manager) at Sahaj Hospitals – Endoscopic Super speciality Centre, Indore. Soon, she joined Index Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Indore as Marketing Executive responsible for Corporate Marketing. Dr. Shaziya Gandhi’s academic and professional career is interspersed with several community education programs and camps that gave her an opportunity to understand and to explain the importance of Alternative medicine in managing various diseases. Some of the camps attended by her include:
● 2012, (1-7 Aug): Community education program for pregnant and lactating mothers held at various places (Indore, Ujjain, Ratlam) on the occasion of ‘Breastfeeding Week’ on behalf of Gsk by Medi Assist Pvt. Ltd. where Dr. Gandhi took up the role of an educator and a dietician.
● 2009, (4-8 Mar): Sujok Camp held at Residency Garden, Indore, organised by M.W.Friends Group.
● 2008, (4-8 Mar): Sujok Camp held at Residency Garden, Indore, organised by M.W.Friends Group.
● 2004, (4-8 Jun): Summer Camp for children in Saket Garden under the guidance of Dr. Jamila.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel, Dr. Gandhi is a result-oriented team player who believes in combining the modern technology and ancient medical knowledge to counsel and treat patients suffering from chronic and acute ailments. Her expertise in the medical field and excellent interpersonal skills allows patients to open up to her and get the best advice for their issues. Dr. Shaziya Gandhi is happy to assist you with her Unani and Hijama therapy techniques at Sahaj Aarogyam.