Meet. Dr. Swati Soni is leading the Department of Naturopathy at Sahaj Aarogyam with a vision to establish Alternative medicine in the growing ecosystem of medicine. A highly sought-after Naturopathic Physician for over 5 years now, she is helping patients gain optimal health through her significant expertise in clinical nutrition, modern diagnostic testing, and herbal medicine while treating the root cause of long-term health issues using Pranic and Yogic healing techniques. Dr. Soni is a warm and empathetic person who discovered her passion for Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences as a University student. She completed BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science) from Sant Hirdaram Medical College of Naturopathy And Yogic Sciences, Barkatullah University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India in 2016 with distinction in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fasting Therapy, Yoga Philosophy, and Yoga Practices. During her academic career, she attended several camps such as the 68th Free Urology Camp in Seva Sadan Eye Hospital, Bhopal in 2012.
She also attended national campaigns on yoga and naturopathy for holistic health to augment existing skills and practices. Dr. Soni has participated in the following conferences that broadened her horizons about the role of alternative medicine in healthcare:
● 2010 - International Conference on Naturopathy and Yoga, Bhopal
● 2013 - National Orientation Program in Naturopathy, Vadodara
● 2014 - Nutrition In Emergency, Bhopal
● 2014 - Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices and Counseling, Bhopal
After completing her degree, Dr. Soni started her professional career in April 2016 as a full-time Wellness Advisor at Atmantan Wellness Centre in Pune, Maharashtra. Over the next 3 years, she advised people on natural health matters and empowered them to live healthy. In 2020, Dr. Soni started her OPD practice asa Naturopath Physician and since then has been encouraging people to move toward better health through natural remedies and practices of Yoga. Backed with academic and professional knowledge, Dr. Soni continued to enhance her skills as a Naturopathic Physician by attending internships and training programs at these prominent institutes:
● Intensive training in Naturopathy and Yoga at NIN (National institute of Naturopathy), Pune where she wrote a dissertation on “Peripheral Neuropathy Management with Cold Application and Acupuncture” on a single case study.
● Training in Modern Science and Emergency Medicine in Dept. of Medicine and Emergency Medicine at Civil hospital, Bairagarh.
● Training in Nisargopchar Ashram, Uruli Kanchan, Pune
● Training in Arogya Kendra, Bairagarh, Bhopal.
Dedicated to using the energy treatment method for healing individuals, Dr. Soni earned her Advanced Pranic Healing Certification. She also worked as a coordinator for NABH Accreditation. With profound experience in handling geriatric cases, she has expertise in the following natural therapies for nutritional medicine and mental health:
● Acupuncture (Aroma and Homeo Acupuncture), Dry Cupping and Moxibustion - Performing Acupuncture treatment for pain management, psychosomatic disorders, endocrine disorders, neuromuscular disorders, etc. Using Pulse diagnosis (TCM method) for acupuncture.
● Body Composition Analysis - Explaining body composition to patients by evaluating body weight and contributing components of fat, muscle, and water.
● Nutrition and Dietetics - Preparing specific diet plans according to an individual's needs and disease.
● Clinical Naturopathy - Diagnosing diseases and implementing evidence- based natural medicine with a research oriented approach.
● Yoga therapy, Meditation- Applying research-based techniques of yoga (Hatha yoga) and meditation (Twin heart Meditation, Ajna Light Therapy) in clinical practice.
● `Clinical Consultation and Lifestyle Enhancement - Conducting modern diagnosis, facial diagnosis, iris diagnosis as well as creating detoxification plans with fasting and naturopathic measures for Diabetic Care and Obesity Management
● Stress and Lifestyle Management - Applying IAYT approach and psychotherapy for stress management
● Herbal Medicine - Using various herbs to ensure cure of various diseases ● Pranic healing - Using prana to balance, transform and harmonise the energy processes of the body.
● Ozone Therapy - Managing oxidative stress by stimulating the immune and antioxidant systems of the body to reduce inflammation.
A renowned wellness practitioner, Dr. Soni also contributes to numerous media articles as a health content writer. Her article on “Restless leg syndrome” was published in Nisargopachar Varta in 2016. Dr. Soni is currently available for personal consultations at Sahaj Aarogyam and also provides health consultations over phone for her patients.